Welcome to The Carpet Guy's Cleaning Service!
Posted on November 5, 2017
Steam Carpet Cleaning in Sacramento CA – Is It the Answer to Your Allergy Problems at Home?
As with anything in the home or office, carpets need cleaning every once in awhile. Carpet Cleaning in Sacramento, CA involves more then just a vacuuming, but actual wet and dry cleaning. Having your carpets cleaned two or three times a year by professional carpet cleaning services in Sacramento California will help preserve the look of your carpets for years and years to come.
Carpets are essential to the look of a room in your house or in the office. Carpets are made from natural or synthetic material, the former being wool and the latter being nylon. Wool carpets are more expensive mostly because it is a natural material while synthetic carpets wear well and are typically more stain resistant. There are definitely differences in the types of carpeting that you see in a home versus an office. The office carpeting is usually a lot flatter where the pile is short while in residential homes the carpet is fuller with piles generally higher.
Routine vacuuming helps keep your carpeting clean by removing dust and dirt from the top layers; however, grime, germs, allergens, and other contaminants get trapped deep in the carpet where your vacuum can't reach. Over time these pollutants accumulate, and they can even make you and your family sick! That's why it's important to have your carpets deep cleaned annually. Sacramento Carpet Cleaning removes both surface dirt and deeply embedded dirt for a total clean-meaning fresh-looking, healthy carpets! But carpet cleaning isn't a job for amateurs: to get your carpets and rugs completely clean without causing damage requires knowledge, training, and specialized tools.
Leave your carpet cleaning jobs to the professionals and you'll get beautiful, expert results!
The concern with most do-it-yourself carpet cleanings is how clean you're really getting the carpet. Without specialized carpet cleaning equipment and products, homeowners simply aren't able to remove the grime trapped within their carpeting-and if you can't get it all the way clean, what's the point! Most professional carpet cleaning companies in California utilizes truck-mounted hot water extraction to thoroughly cleanse your carpets. With a combination of pressurized hot water, eco-friendly cleaning agents, and rapid extraction, these machines can eliminate practically all of the contaminants embedded in your carpeting.
Your Sacramento Carpet Cleaners can even apply a stain protection treatment to keep your carpets pristine longer.
And, because the hot water extraction system applies the cleansers and then quickly extracts them out, your carpet is left clean and only a little damp. This is crucial because over saturating your carpeting dramatically increases drying time; if your carpet stays wet too long it can begin to mold and mildew, creating new health problems! While amateur carpet cleaning jobs can take days to dry, a professionally cleaned carpet is usually dry in under 12 hours.
Carpet Cleaning Tips in Sacramento
There is plenty of debate out there about steam carpet cleaning vs chemical carpet cleaning. The two systems perform different functions. Both techniques offer pros and cons, and being educated about both systems can help you make a decision on which one is right for you.
The term "steam carpet cleaning" would lead you to believe that no chemicals are used, only steam. This is not the case. Steam cleaning requires vast amounts of water from a truck mounted or rented machine. The user goes over an area with a mixture of water and chemicals, and then covers the area again using the machine to suck up the water.
This is the only system that can claim to lift stubborn stains and dirt as well as reach the bottom, or pile, layer of carpeting. If you have high traffic areas or stubborn stains on your carpets this may be the only reason you need to choose steam carpet cleaning versus chemical carpet cleaning as your best option. The drying time is shorter than with other wet methods, because the suction of the machine removes the water and the lack of water in the carpet decreases drying time.
Chemical cleaning is a process that is also referred to as dry cleaning. It should be noted that it is not dry but does use 80% less water than the other method. The upside of this is a return to your area quickly. It is also worth mentioning that mold and mildew are not likely to grow in a quick dry application with this method. The fast drying time is probably the biggest benefit to chemical cleaning. The downside of this method is that it is unable to agitate the bottom layer, and therefore, resistant stains that are deep in the carpet may end up remaining behind. Also, the chemicals used could possibly be left behind in the form of residue and attract more dirt to high traffic areas.
The bottom line is that the steam carpet cleaning versus chemical carpet cleaning is a personal choice that is best decided after identifying your needs. If you need a fast-drying solution and do not have really deep stains, chemical cleaning may be for you. It you have deep stains and can wait a bit for drying, go with steam cleaning instead. Either of these cleaning methods will ensure you have a clean and fresh looking house.
How Long Does Carpet Cleaning And Upholstery Cleaning Take?
It's messy, damaging, and stubborn. Carpet stains come in various color, form, and chemical composition. For this reason, different sets of procedures are in place to get rid of nasty stains. With the goal of preserving the quality and appearance of carpets, you need to first acknowledge that stains are inevitable so you need to be aware of what to do when that time finally happens.
General Precautions in Carpet Stain Removal
Specific procedures in carpet cleaning vary but some are generally observed like as follows:
1. Know the kind of material your carpet is made of in order to avoid a chemical reaction when using commercially-prepared cleaning agents. If unsure, contact the carpet manufacturer first before purchasing or applying any chemicals.
2. Read the directions in every cleaning solution you purchase before you use them. Using these agents haphazardly might lead to more damage on your carpet.
3. Make it a point to do a spot test. Using the ideal cleaning solution, get a clean cloth, put some of the solution, and try it on a hidden area of the carpet.
4. Protect yourself from the effects of handling chemicals. Use gloves when applying cleaning agents as some are skin-reactants.
5. Prior to purchasing a carpet, it is best to arm yourself with information about stain management. Ask the manufacturer about it first.
The general tips above are useful as you learn about the specific carpet cleaning steps below.
It feels nice to walk with a cup of coffee around until it spills. When this happens, here are the steps you need to take:
- Blotting: Get a white cloth and blot the stained area until it dries. You need a few pieces of dry cloth for two reasons. First, you need to change cloth as it absorbs the spilled beverage. Second, you need to work your way inwards to prevent the spill from spreading to a larger area.
- Home-made solution: Prepare a solution of water, vinegar, and a non-bleach detergent. Apply it on the stained area, rinse it and repeat as necessary. If this method does not work, it's time to move on to the next method.
- Commercial solution: Look for a solution specifically design to treat coffee stains on carpets. Read the directions for use carefully before use.
- Reminder: The type of carpet you have plays a factor when it comes to carpet stain removal. If unsure, contact the manufacturer and ask for recommendations about managing coffee stains.
Inks stains are a variety. Some stains come from pens, some come printers, and some are from certain mechanical oils. Follow these steps to get rid of ink stains:
- Blotting: You need a piece of cloth to initially treat an ink stain. Never scrub or rub the cloth against the stain. This will spread the ink and will make cleaning more difficult for you.
- Home-made solution: Use Isopropyl alcohol to dampen a white cloth and dab it on the ink stain starting on the outermost area and going inwards. For better results, use a high percentage of Isopropyl solution. In addition, the following alcohol-based agents also work: nail polish, hairsprays, vinegar, and white wine. Rinse the stained area with water and use a vacuum cleaner to get rid of the remaining moisture.
- Commercial solution: Purchase a chemical-based solution for carpet cleaning, read the directions and precautions for carpet stain removal, and apply as directed on the stained area.
- Reminder: Do not pour alcohol directly to the stained area. Because ink emulsifies, the stain may spread.
Blood stains need to be treated as soon as possible. Here's what you can do:
- Blotting: Cleaning blood stains is a bit different. Instead of you spraying just enough liquid on the stained part, you need to liberally soak the same area for faster stain removal.
- Home-made solution: Use cold water and an anti-grease detergent to spray the stained part. Get a dry cloth to absorb the moisture. Repeat the process as necessary.
- Commercial solution: OxiClean is only among the popular products specifically designed to treat blood stains. Use it with either cold or warm water.
- Reminder: When following the home-made carpet cleaning solutions, use cold water to prevent blood coagulation.
On a final note, the carpet stain removal procedures provided above do not entail impeccable solutions. If hesitant, call for professional assistance. And always bear in mind that stains are better cleaned off as soon as they happen for better results.